Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ugh. I am NOT a frickin' dog.

Wednesday= sleep. End of story. lol.

Thursday I had Ballet. We watched the beginning of Sleeping Beauty (the ballet, not the Disney movie, haha). Came back to the apartment for lunch and to pick up a bit. After a while, I decided to go for a walk. Strolled down the Arno, the opposite direction that I usually go. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. I wish I had brought my camera, but I'll get pictures another day. After I crossed the last bridge, there was a cute little park on the other side of the river, and a spot where you could go walk down by the river- I'm definitely going to come here to read in the future!

After dinner with the roomies, we decided to go out for a girls' night. We went to a club that a friend of Andrea's had recommended to us- a fancier bar called Colle Bereto. It was really fun sitting at a table outside and enjoying the evening and conversation- this is a REALLY big part of Italian culture. That's why there are so many streetside cafes, bars, restaurants, etc. And another thing we have noticed is that you always have to ask for the check, because most people will stay at a restaurant for much longer than it takes them to eat and they don't want you to feel rushed.

I've been getting a lot of questions about Italian men, so here is your answer:
Although like with any other group of people, you can't lump them all together- everyone is different. But the overall impression we have gotten from Italian men is that they are jerks. Are they handsome? Well, for the most part, yes. VERY handsome. However, when one is whistling at you like a dog, it's kind of hard to care about how cute he is. Italians are very forward and very bold. A guy by himself in America would never talk to four pretty foreign girls without a wingman, especially not the way Italians talk to us. The compliments and comments were funny, and sometimes even flattering- but it gets old REALLY fast. We are all SOOOOO over Italian men. After the intial humor of it has worn off for all of us, we really would just love it if they left us alone. lol. Needless to say, those of you who worried about me falling in love and running away with some Italian man, I think you can rest easy. :)

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. thank goodness, I was worried you wouldn't come home...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness. God answered that prayer for me :) Italian men are probably normally very flattering. I bet this is God's way of taking care of our Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete