Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jackie Week- Day 4

Today, Jackie and I had planned to go to the Bargello sculpture museum before my ballet class, but we were sooooo tired from the day before that that just wasn't gonna happen! lol

After ballet, Jackie and I fixed lunch at the apartment and headed to the Uffizi. The line wasn't quite as long as the days before, but we still had to wait about an hour before we got in.

I was glad that we saved the Uffizi for last because it was a LOT bigger than I thought! We definitely couldn't have accomplished it any of the other days because it took a lot of time! It was really cool to see all the big names in art all in one place. The collection was incredible! All four Ninja Turtles (lol- Michaelangelo, Donatello, Rafael, and Leonardo (da Vinci)), Botticelli (who was my FAVORITE. OMG. Love Botticelli), who painted the Birth of Venus and Primavera (GORGEOUS), Rembrandt. CRAZY. It was also cool to see some of the pieces that we've been learning about in my art class. Of course, no photos here. And there are a lot more security people, so I didn't even bother trying to sneak attack anything. lol

We went back to the apartment to rest for a little while before dinner. We went to Borgo Antico for dinner. Andrea brought us both a parmesan basket appetizer and the usual glass of wine, and we split a mushroom and proscuitto pizza. For dessert, we split a piece of cheesecake with berries. O-M-G. It was SOOOOOO good! Jackie said that it was the best cheesecake she had ever had in her life, and that's saying a lot! lol

After dinner, we went back to the apartment to look over my books for Rome. Our last chance for shenanigans! :(
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment